Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at large
Matthew’s Leman Russ Executioner
@MPHerrington via Twitter
Matt’s an absolute madman when it comes to the sheer volume of things he paints, and they all look great. He must be stopped.
An Incredible Imperial Fists Diorama
Metal Merak Studio via Facebook
This is just an impressive amount of work, top-to-bottom, with loads of amazing details. They’ve done a fantastic job bringing a Fists hangar to life.
Jonathan’s Grot Guard
@Detroit_Michigan on Instagram
Jonathan’s done an amazing job building a grot guard army, and in addition to these cool killa kans there are several other great photos of the project on their Insta.
Chris’ Killa Kan Kitbashes
@40kmechbuilds via Instagram
Chris is working on some cool new Kan builds with choppas and MAC 10s.
Steve’s Iron Warriors/Admech Mash-ups
Steve is generally a solid hobby follow on Twitter, but his recent project mashing up Chaos and Admech models has had lots of cool, twisted results.
Alistair’s Magna Warlord
@paintingarmoury via Instagram
This is a magnificent titan and the stripes really pop.
u/studiolevel via Reddit
This is a hilarious and extremely well done conversion of a grot x-wing. Looks great, concept is wonderful.
This amazing historical warrior
@sold_atiki via Instagram
I don’t have the historical chops to accurately name what era or culture this model is from but I do know that it whips ass and you should go look at it.
Ivan shows us how to freehand a banner
@ivan_tashun via Twitter
Ivan does some amazing work on a Dark Angels banner and shows us the step-by-step process on how he did it, so we can all pretend like we’re going to do the same thing.
This Week on Goonhammer
- BLUNDERDOME, Round 1 – This week we talked about the round 1 matchups for the BLUNDERDOME, then we played them. See the results, hilarious and terrible to behold.
- Updated Start Competings for Chaos – It’d been a while since we updated our Start Competing articles for the Chaos Space Marines, so we went through and updated all of them this week, including Death Guard. Check out all of our Legion articles as well.
- Competitive Innovations – Wings takes a look a staggering number of events that ran last weekend, using the new balance dataslate.
- White Dwarf 470 Flashpoints Review – We talk about the Crusade rules in the new White Dwarf, including a Mad Max-style “rolling road” mission.
- Hammer of Math: Octarius Orks: Kevin takes a look at some of the new toys Orks got from the second Octarius book (“Critical Mass” more like “Critical Math” amiright?).
- TheChirurgeon’s Road Through 2021, Parts 15-17: Rob talks about his time at the GW Austin Open.
- Ruleshammer: We answer your weekly questions about rules in 40k.
Age of Sigmar
- Faction Focus: Disciples of Tzeentch – Alice looks at playing the DoT in Age of Sigmar 3rd edition.
- Intro to Matched Play – We talk about the benefits of matched play and why you should give it a shot.
- How to Paint Everything: Karazai the Scarred – The new Dragon models for Age of Sigmar are lovely, and Dylan talks about how to assemble and paint them.
- Necromunda – We did a double dose of Necro content this week.
- Warlord Wednesdays: Legio Focus Updates – With all the new rules for traitor legios it made sense to go back and update the older articles we’d written on them. So we did.
- Kings of War: Clash of Kings Review, Part 1 – Our big review of the new Clash of Kings book starts here.
- ROVE: Space Logic – We review the board game ROVE, a solo spatial puzzle game.
- Gaming Spaces: Charlie B’s Space – Charlie talks about the extensive work he did remodeling a hams and hobby space.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.