Warhammer 40,000 10th Edition has launched, and we’ve launched support for it right here in Administratum. New Requisitions, new Battle Honours, new battle reports, new army importers, and the same greatyou’ve come to love/fear.
Even more than what’s visible, we’ve also made some pretty significant changes to Administratum under the hood to help speed up future development. It’s fast times at Goonhammer High, and we’re just getting started.
10th Edition Rosters
Administratum has been updated to 10th edition, bringing with it a new coat of paint. Rosters, units, and battle reports have all gotten a facelift, and we’ll be rolling out incremental updates every week!
10th Edition Units
The Unit page has been updated with all the new 10th edition mechanics. Want to grant an Enhancement? Become a Legendary Veteran? Administratum’s got your back with a clean new UI.
We’re also working on improving the workflow of managing your army. All the way from the little things like updated widgets for Battle Traits, Crusade Relics, Enhancements, and Weapon Modifications. These are all fully editable inline, just click the area you want to change and start typing.
As I mentioned above, making all this possible is some clever redesign of Adminstratum’s API. Way too much changed (and it’s way too into the weeds) to list here, but look forward to an upcoming Code Mines where I talk about dictionaries. Trust me, it’s cooler than it sounds.
Import Your Army from Games Workshop’s New App
Have you taken the new Warhammer 40,000 app out for a spin, and want to bring your data home to Administratum? You’re in luck, as we’ve rebuilt our unit importer to work with the new app.
The importer now brings in more data than ever before. Model count, wargear, faction, subfaction, keywords, wargear: we live off the land and don’t let any part of the data go to waste!
Brand New Battle Reports
Recording your battles is the very heart of Administratum, and that heart is now faster for Solo Games. Not just faster but more usable, with a sticky army builder when picking your units, and you’ll have access to more information when constructing your army. When we roll out support for 10th edition Validated Games, expect the same great UI there, as this page has been designed to accommodate Solo Games, Validated Games, and game modes that we’ll be talking about soon…
I could drone on and on about all the changes we’ve made, but you should find them on your own! Crack open your rulebook, build an army, and play some games. But before you do, I’ve got one last thing. how about some more words – this time in the form of patch notes!
A Note on 10th Edition Crusade Campaigns
Even with all this, there are still some things we’re working on – currently, your 10th edition units and rosters have to be created as standalone entities, and can’t be joined to a 9th edition campaign. We’re working on fixing this as quickly as we can, and expect to push the rest of these updates live in about two weeks. In the meantime, you can manage your 10th edition Crusade rosters outside of a campaign, or run using the 9th edition framework. When we have the 10th edition campaign code done we’ll give GMs a one-button method for converting things over.
Patch Notes: 2023-06-27
- Warhammer 40,000 10th Edition
- Warhammer 40,000 10th Edition – Administratum now supports roster, units, Requisitions, Battle Honours, solo games, and mechanics for the latest version of Warhammer 40k
- Warhammer 40,000 10th Edition – All rules, mechanics, and keyword restrictions have been added to Administratum’s Rules system, with full support in the Rules Editor in the upcoming 10th Edition Campaigns update
- Roster Create Page – When creating a roster, a new Edition dropdown has been added, letting you pick which edition of Warhammer you want to use for you roster
- For existing 9th edition rosters, we are planning a migration path to easily bring them into 10th edition
- Battle Report – While a version of this page existed previously, the 10th edition Unit Create page has been rewritten from scratch
- Battle Report – While a version of this “Game Create” page existed previously, the 10th edition Battle Report page has been rewritten from scratch to handle Solo games, Validated games, and additional game types in development
- Battle Report – Layout – Uses the updated page layout template used elsewhere on the site
- Battle Report – Battle Size / Points – Points are auto-populated when selecting a Battle Size
- Battle Report – Mission – Dropdown includes 10th edition missions
- Battle Report – Opponent’s Faction – Automatically fills in opponent’s faction when recording a solo game on a campaign. Note, this feature will become visible in the 10th Edition Campaigns update
- Battle Report – Victor Bonus – Helper text to better explain how this field works, and whether or not an affect will be applied to your army
- Battle Report – Army Builder – Army summary on desktop is sticky to the top of the screen, letting you see your full army list no matter where you scroll on the page
- Battle Report – Army Builder – Unit cards have been updated to include Battle Scars, Battle Traits, Crusade Relics, Enhancements, and Weapon Modifications
- Battle Report – Crusade – Units that are destroyed have the full mechanics of Out of Action tests handled automatically
- If the unit passes the Out of Action test, nothing happens
- On a failed Out of Action test, if the unit has fewer than 3 Battle Scars, they they may gain an additional Battle Scar
- On a failed Out of Action test, if the unit has any Battle Honours, they may suffer a Devastating Blow and lose a Battle Honour
- On a failed Out of Action test, if the unit has three or more Battle Scars and no Battle Honours, then that unit must be Permanently Destroyed
- Units that are Permanently Destroyed are removed from your roster, but Administratum does not forget the honored dead. The memory of those units will live on in the upcoming Hall of Legends update
- Battle Report – Battle Recorded – A confirmation screen lets you know that the game has been recorded
- Unit Create Page – Layout – Uses the updated page layout template used elsewhere on the site
- Unit Create Page – Battlescribe, Battle Forge, and Manual Workflow – All three workflows use the same form for units, which now includes quick access checkboxes for all keywords that directly interact with Crusade mechanics
- Unit Create Page – Battle Forge – Import your army directly from Games Workshop’s new Warhammer 40,000 app
- Unit Create Page – Battlescribe – While you wait for Battlescribe to support Warhammer 40,000 10th edition, you may import 9th edition Battlescribe rosz files directly into your 10th edition rosters. Note that such units will be imported verbatim, including their 9th edition points, wargear, unit composition etc. Use this feature at your own risk
- Unit Create Page – Manual – Create a unit from scratch
- Unit View Page – Dashboard Tab – Enhancements Widget – A new widget for displaying Enhancements earned through the Renowned Heroes requisition
- Unit View Page – Dashboard Tab – Legendary Veterans – A new requisition for removing the XP and Battle Honour cap
- Unit View Page – Dashboard Tab – Renowned Heroes – A new requisition for adding an Enhancement
- Unit View Page – Dashboard Tab – Renowned Heroes – This requisition has a variable cost, and Adminstratum calculates it for you
- Unit View Page – Dashboard Tab – Weapon Modification – A new widget for displaying Weapon Modifications earned as Battle Honours
- Roster List Page – Updated the roster summary to include the roster’s game system
- Roster Create Page – Layout – Now uses the updated page layout template used elsewhere on the site
- Roster Create Page – Supply Limit – Power Level is not supported in 10th edition, and so the choice of Supply Limit has been removed
- Roster View Page – Dashboard Tab- Requisition Points Widget – This widget has a new UI and has been updated to handle the rules for Requisition Points in 10th edition
- Roster View Page – Dashboard Tab – Crusade Points Widget – This widget has a new UI and uses the new Administratum data format
- Roster View Page – Dashboard Tab – Supply Limit Widget – This widget has a new UI and uses the new Administratum data format
- Roster View Page – Requisition Dialog – Entries in this dialog will flash to indicate unclaimed uses of free requisitions
- Unit View Page – Requisition Dialog – Entries in this dialog will flash to indicate unclaimed uses of free requisitions
- Unit View Page – Battle Honour Dialog – Entries in this dialog will flash to indicate unclaimed Battle Honours
- Unit View Page – Dashboard Tab – Layout – This tab’s layout has been updated per available fields in 10th edition
- Unit View Page – Dashboard Tab – Battle Trait – You may now edit the contents of a Battle Trait directly in the widget
- Unit View Page – Dashboard Tab – Crusade Relic – You may now edit the contents of a Crusade Relic directly in the widget
- Unit View Page – Dashboard Tab – Fresh Recruits – This requisition now has a variable cost, and Adminstratum calculates it for you
- Unit View Page – Dashboard Tab – Repair and Recuperate – This requisition now has a variable cost, and Adminstratum calculates it for you
- Campaign – Settings – Rules Editor – Fixed an issue where the XP required for Blooded was overriding the XP required for Battle-Ready
- Campaign – Settings – Teams – Fixed an issue where having too many teams made the Change Team Membership UI unusable
- Campaign – Settings – Phases – Fixed an issue where the phase begin date was accidentally overriding the phase end date
- Conquest – Fixed multiple issues causing Shrinking Planet Syndrome
- Fixed issue with territories shrinking caused by scripted events which reduced shares of control
- Fixed issue with territories shrinking caused by games that reward unclaimed shares but not the full amount the game should reward and the loser doesn’t have enough shares of control to make up the difference
- Roster List Page – Units count no longer includes removed units
- Roster View Page – Requisitions Dialog – Fixed an issue where unclaimed uses of Legendary Veteran were being displayed as unclaimed uses of Rearm and Resupply
- Unit Create Page – Battlescribe and Battle Forge – Fixed an issue where units that have been unselected were still being imported
- Unit View Page – Dashboard Tab – Crusade Relic – Fixed an issue preventing you from editing the category of a Crusade Relic
- Unit View Page – Requisitions Dialog – Enhancements – Fixed an issue preventing Enhancements from being recorded
Wow, you really stuck though all the patch notes? Good for you, I’m proud. Most people would give up after the first Gregbot, but not you. You persevered through all of it. And as a little reward, here’s a little something something for you:
The Night Before Tenth-mas
‘Twas the night before Tenth-mas, when all through the code mines
Not a developer was sleeping, not even at times;
The features were hung in their branches with care,
In hopes that soon would be there;
The git commits were nestled all snug in their repo;
While visions of deployment danced in their git flow;
And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my coffee,
Had just settled in for a new edition of the hobby,
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my Steelcase to see what was the matter.
Away from Windows I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shrinkwrap and curled my ‘stache.
Spilling pots over of new Bugman’s Glow,
Gave base coat to objective markers below,
When what to my bloodshot eyes did appear,
But Leviathan miniatures and 10th edition’s premiere!
Merry Tenth-mas to all, and to all a good fight!
Have any questions or feedback? Drop us a note in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.