The Week Ending March 8th, 2020
Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed. Here’s what we liked this week:
In the Wild:
- The Warsinger’s Insanely Cool C’Tan conversions
The Warsinger has done custom conversions of a number of C’Tan, including some really cool work on the Outsider, re-imaginings of the Deceiver and the Nightbringer, and the Void Dragon.
- Harvey Snape’s Knights of Byzantium Eliminator
@snapeharvey1992 via Twitter
A very slick Eliminator paint job. We love the purple tone.
- Legofingerz’s Silver Templars Lieutenant
Legofingerz via r/Warhammer40k
The paint job on this is just incredibly nice and crisp, and it’s a great sheme.
- Brother Steve Comments on Your Imperial Hygiene
@BitsHammer via Twitter
This was pretty funny, and worth a watch.
- Robin McLeod’s Korsarro Khan
@miniature_mcleod via Instagram
Shaping up to be a fantastic paint job. The White Scars don’t get nearly enough love and I blame the Iron Hands for that.
- Gonders’ Nemesis Warbringer
@gonders via Twitter
Gonders has a sick Warbringer paint job here, with some awesome freehand flames.
- Honouring a 40k Champion: Settling in Nicely
TastyTaste via BloodofKittens
TastyTaste continues their series talking about getting back into 40k building and fielding a Tyranids army and their experiences at a local RTT.
- How to Break Down Missions
Nick Nanavati via TheArtofWar40k
Nick had a good article this week on how he breaks down and thinks about missions in a tournament format, with a focus on the Dallas Open GT.
Another huge content week and we’re very proud of all the content our authors put out this week:
- Hot Take: Ragnar vs. Ghazghkull
In our week’s most popular article, Greg, Rob, and a bunch of other Goonhammer folks clown merciless on the new models and also talk about the importance of good teeth.
- The Ruleshammer Roll-out continues
Rob “Vre’kais” Chilton
Ruleshammer is moving to a regular Thursdays schedule, but leading into that we had new articles every day this week.
- Community Spotlight: David Moss of the Tokyo Tactical Gaming Group
By Robert “TheChirurgeon” Jones
We sat down with an interview with David Moss of the Tokyo Tactical Gaming Group, to talk about the Japanese 40k scene and international gaming.
- Necromunday: Gangs of the Underhive – Slave Ogryns
By Dan Boyd and Merton
Dan and Merton talk about Merton’s favorite new gang, the slave Ogryns.
- Start Competing: Screening Tactics
By James “One_Wing” Grover
Wings has written an in-depth interview on screening units in 40k, how you can avoid getting caught off-guard, and how you can penetrate your opponent’s defenses.
- How to Paint Everything: Saim-Hann
By Alfredo “Bonds” Ramirez
Bonds talks about how to paint the bike-focused Red and Black Eldar, with multiple ways to paint them.
- The Fabricator General: What to Do When the Emperor Doesn’t Provide, Part 3
By David “TKIY” Gordon
Dave finishes his tutorial on designing and 3D printing his own 3rd-party accessories, and talks about a design that didn’t make the cut.
- Warlord Wednesdays – Adeptus Titanicus Legio Focus: Legio Mortis “Death’s Heads”
By Soggy, Garrett “John Condit” Severson, zachs-hobby and John “Immanentized” Curtin
Warlord Wednesdays is back, this time covering another legion, the Legio Mortis
- Event Recap: the Fargo Two Rivers Open GT
By Robert “TheChirurgeon” Jones, James “Boon” Kelling, Cyle “Naramyth” Thompson, Chase “Gunum” Garber
The Goonhammer crew talk about their experiences at the Two Rivers Open GT.
- Lost in the Dark: Servants of the Abyss Kill Team Tactics
By Novembermike and Robert “TheChirurgeon” Jones
By popular demand, this week we covered the very fun but not very competitive Servants of the Abyss in Kill Team.
- How to Paint Everything: Getting Started with Painting and Modeling
For everyone who’s thinking about starting their hobby journey and looking for the place to start, here’s your jumping off point. Lupe talks about the tools you’ll need and the basics of painting.
- Video Game Review: Warhammer 40,000 Gladius – Relics of War T’au Expansion
By J B
JB follows up his review from last week with a look at Gladius’ Tau expansion.
- Community Spotlight: The Lord Marshal Conference
By James “Boon” Kelling
Boon talks about the Lord Marshal Conference, and some exciting developments in the Midwest tournament scene.
- The Narrative Forge: Making Your Campaigns a Success
Coda talks about his recent experiences at a Narrative event and what that even did right.