Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at Large
- Norman Greenberg’s Infected War Dog
@mildnorman_painting via Instagram
This War Dog conversion is incredibly gross in the best way and if you’re looking for more, Norman’s got a few other amazing conversions in his Insta.
- Andrew King’s Ghazghkull Thraka
@aamcking via Instagram
This is a very slick Ghaz. The work on the metal power claws here is great.
- Sumscenery’s great terrain work
@sumscenery via Instagram
If you’re looking for cool terrain inspiration, check out Sumscenery’s Insta, which has lots of cool examples of great scratch-bulit terrain.
- Doomed Encounters: How to Lose at 40k
Brent has written a nice article about losing games at 40k and how to play when you roll up to the table and your chances of winning range from “slim” to “none.”
- Ricki Smith’s Eidolon of Murder
@RLRSmith88 via Twitter
This is an amazing conversion and I love the little backstory behind it.
- Some amazing Armigers
u/d-ozborne-art-studio via r/Warhammer40k
The work that has gone into making the undercarriage of these Armigers look great is just insane. And they do look great.
- Gollum, the unborn Goliath prospect
@klas.almroth via Instagram
This is a very cool LotR-adjacent conversion with some great skin shading.
- James Lynch’s Wight King
@SpongiePaint via Twitter
Are you sick of drab, dark wights that look like they’re having no fun being dead? Then check out this wonderfully colorful take on them.
- James Karch’s Quartered Marines
@spikyjames via Twitter
Quartered marine schemes are always impressive, and James has done an amazing job with this one.
- Sophie’s Sand Mash Tutorial
@sophiesaurus_rex via Twitter
Sophie walks us through a great tutorial on how to great a textured paste that’s great for adding bulk and texture to terrain.
- Tita’s Dark Angel Terminators
@i_titam via Twitter
The Heresy Dark Angels Terminators models are just excellent and Tita has done a great job with these.
The Week on Goonhammer
This week we decided to dodge the traditional April Fool’s Day shenanigans and instead did a whole week of throwback content with GOONHAMMER ’96, a love letter to the games we love 25 years ago.
We talked about some of our favorite things about 40k, Fantasy, and Magic from yesteryear.
- Round Table: Let’s Remember Some Rules
- Army Showcase: Dylan Gould’s 2nd Edition Chaos Space Marines
- Codex Review: Angels of Death
- Army Showcase: BuffaloChicken’s Adeptus Mechanicus Squat Enclave
- The Goonhammer Review of Codex: Chaos
Magic: The Gathering
- Commander Focus: Hazezon Tamar – Fear is the mindkiller
- Trogdor Tribal – Old School Burnination with Vaevictis Asmadi
Warhammer Fantasy Battles
- Marvel Crisis Protocol Affiliation Spotlight: X-FORCE!!!
- Hammer of Math: Personal Taste and Unscrupulous Players – The History of Scatter
- How To Base Everything: Goblin Green Bases
- How to Paint Everything: Squats
- How to Paint Everything: Retro Goliaths
- How to Paint Everything: 2nd Edition Chaos Space Marines
Not everything fit into this week’s special bit. Here’s the best of the other stuff.
- March Madness with the Spiel des Jahres Winners
Our March Madness bracket event continued as we covered more Spiel des Jahres winners and narrowed things down to the final four.
- 40k Competitive Content
by James “One_Wing” Grover
James helps you stay on top of the evolving 40k meta.
- Magic: Legends Review — Beta Luck Next Time
By Jonathan Bernhardt
Bernhardt takes a look at the newest single-player free to play game to attempt to flesh out the universe of Magic: the Gathering, with lackluster results.
- Goonhammer Review: Battletome: Lumineth Realm-Lords 2021
With the new book in hand, our Age of Sigmar team offered their thoughts on the new lumineths rules.
- Warlord Wednesdays: Legion Focus – Legio Venator
This week the warlords talked about Legio Venator in Titanicus.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.