Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
The Lumineths Hobby Competition
The Lumineth Realm-Lords Discord is doing another hobby contest this winter, complete with prizes for the winners. There are two categories: Best diorama and best miniature. Go sign up and give it a shot!
The 2022 Kill Team Open in Baltimore
The Kill Team Open is a planned 64-player event in Baltimore in 2022 with raffles, painting competitions, casual play, and a narrative event.
On the Internet At Large
Baer’s son paints Word Bearers
@Beartendo via Twitter
We’re a sucker for kids painting, such as these Word Bearers painted by Baer’s 13 year-old son. They look great!
This rotating train diorama
@Btoretsukuru via Twitter
Well this is just fun to watch. On top of that, it’s all an impressive feat of modeling, painting, and editing. Good stuff.
These old Space Marine Captains
@GeordieCalgar via Twitter
We’re absolutely suckers for these old space marine models, and it helps that they have great paint jobs. Always here for people painting 30+ year-old models well.
Alex’s Flesh Tearer
@workshop_alex via Twitter
Alex has announced their return to 40k with a really badass looking Flesh Tearer model. We can’t wait to see what comes next.
Darren Latham’s Ulthwe Falcon
@darrenlatham via Twitter
Everything Darren paints is worth looking at, but we particularly like his work on the more than 20 year-old Falcon model, which still holds up surprisingly well.
Legion of the Damned Outrider
@Algerothen via Instagram
This is an incredibly sick little diorama with some truly amazing OSL lighting effects.
Pondering my Airbrush
u/TG_minis via Reddit
We got so many goddamn orb submissions for CWL this week on our Discord. This is by far the best one. Or at least the one most relevant to the article.
u/Discerptor via Reddit
This is an amazing job done on this vanguard veteran, and the kitbashing/converison work to give him the Minotaurs/Greek aesthetic is great.
A Gingerbread Plague Marine
@PondMaiden via Twitter
This is a sweet looking piece of a larger holiday-themed army that if I didn’t know better would have sworn was edible.
This Week on Goonhammer
- BLUNDERDOME, Round 2 – This week we talked about the round 2 matchups for the BLUNDERDOME, then we played them. See the results, hilarious and terrible to behold.
- The GT 2022 Secondary Objectives – We preview the new secondary objectives shown off at the GW Invitational Finale in Grapevine.
- Competitive Innovations – Wings takes a look at the lists that won this past weekend, and how the meta is changing.
- Ruleshammer: We answer your weekly questions about rules in 40k.
- Commander Best in Show: Free Interaction – We wrote about the core spells every Commander deck needs that let them interact with opponents for 0 mana.
- Malifaux: An Introduction – We talk about Malifaux and the basics of getting into the game.
- Kings of War: Clash of Kings Review, Part 2 – We continue to review this huge new release and talk about the two new armies making their debut.
- Games for Young Kids: Stone Soup and Pick Me Up, Piggy! – We review two cooperative memory games from Peaceable Kingdom for younger children.
- Getting Started: The English Civil War – We talk about playing historicals in this pikemen-fueled era of history and how you can get started.
- The Battle Bros Season 3 Holiday Special – the Bros are back and we’re here for it.
- Kill Team Competitive Innovations December 2021 – We look at the top teams tearing it up at Kill Team events in Spain.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any feedback or questions.