Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at Large
- A WIP Dark Mechanicus Ruststalker
u/LToften via r/killteam
I’m a sucker for cool dark mechanicus conversions and I really love the work that’s been done here. The cloak/scarf are great and I’m looking forward to seeing the finished model.
- An Incredible Battlecruiser Diorama@makediorama via Instagram
Makediorama promises to share the most beautiful dioramas and boy do they deliver. The water effects on this battlecruiser are just insane.
- Pawel Makuch’s Void Dragon
@Monstroys via Twitter
Pawel has done a fantastic job here modeling a Void Dragon rising out of his own personal eternity gate. Amazing work.
- Nicholas Tregidgo’s Soulblight Conversions
@NTregidgo via Twitter
Nicholas says he’s going for “Moon Vampires” and I’m absolutely here for it. Great work so far
- Michael Azzopardi’s Insanely Cool 40k Dioramas
@rabid_dog_studios via Instagram
These are some insanely cool 3D renders of 40k scenes and characters. Love the detail on these.
- Hetairoi’s Lamenters Tarantula
@HetairoiW via Twitter
Alright, another Lamenters player. You’re all insane, but it seems like you’re all also on a completely different hobby level from the rest of us so hat’s off to you.
- The Titans of Cardinal World Datori II
@dehoofdworker via Twitter
I love this battle chapel convoy. Mikal’s created some wonderful Titanicus conversions with a brilliant story behind them.
- James Lynch’s Lady Olynder
@SpongiePaint via Twitter
This is a lovely nonstandard paint scheme for Olynder and I love the striking rainbow hues and the NMM gold work.
- SmadamsMinis’ first Reaver Titan of 2021
@smadamsminis via Instagram
I legit thought this was a 40k Reaver at first. The amount of detail that has gone into this is just insane – check out the close-up shot of the titan’s “face.”
- A terrifying Babayaga bust
@sious69 via Twitter
This is just an insanely well painted bust and I love the work that’s been done on the wood and metal.
The Week on Goonhammer
Lots of great content this week – let’s look back on some of our favorites.
- THE BATTLE BROS ARE BACK!
By Head58 and PantsOptional
Season 2 of the Battle Bros kicks off this week with the Bros returning and Head58 already wavering on his army choices from last season.
- 9th Edition’s New BETA Maelstrom of War Missions: A Review (with Battle Reports)
By Robert “TheChirurgeon” Jones, Innes Wilson, Condit, and James “One_Wing” Grover
We were excited to see new Maelstrom of War rules for 9th edition in this month’s White Dwarf, so we reviewed them and played a couple of games with them to see how they feel on the table.
- Necromunday: Skills in the Lost Zone
By Dan Boyd
The Lost Zone series continues, with our look at updated skills. If gangers in the Lost Zone can’t afford all those fancy stat boosts, we may as well make skills worthwhile for them.
- The Tactics Shaman: Making Maggotkin Work
This week JoeK talks about how Nurgle players can keep up with the fancy new toys of Slaanesh and Tzeentch.
- Commander Focus: Golgari Elves and the Re-Anim-Elf-Matrix
By Phillip York
We look at an elf tribal deck this week that floods the board with recurring elves.
- Warlord Wednesdays: Titan-Scale Melee
By Various Authors
The Warlord Wednesdays crew take a deep look at melee combat in Titanicus and how you can rip your opponents apart with power claws.
- Marvel Crisis Protocol: Affiliation Spotlight: The Inhumans
This week we looked at the Inhumans and what you need to know about the faction.
- Goonhammer Historical: Ironclads Review
By the Goonhammer Historicals crew
Our coverage of ACW games continues, this week looking at a review of Scary Biscuit Studio’s Ironclads, a game of naval combat.
- It’s the End of the World as We Know It: Chaos in the Old World Review
This week Condit reviewed one of his favorite Warhammer board games, talking about Chaos in the Old World.
- Infinity Tactics: The Fundamentals of List Building
By Edwin “Lupe” Moriarty
Edwin steps in this week to talk about the basics of building lists in Infinity for newer players.
- Hammer of Math: GT 2020 Missions in 9th Edition
By Robert “TheChirurgeon” Jones
This week Rob filled in for Kevin, looking at stats and data around 9th edition missions and how they impact win rates.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any feedback or questions.