Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at large
- The Unknown Painter’s Nautical Stormspeeder
@PestilentTruth via TwitterThere’s so much to love about this Stormspeeder it’s hard to know what to gush about first. From the unusual and striking choice of colour for the Chapter scheme, to the restrained but incredibly effective use of weathering effects, to the super rad water-effects base with the sculped ripples. We’d love to see a full squadron fully arranged out at this level of quality.
- Flameon Miniatures’ Free-Handed Celestine Cloak
u/Flameon_Miniatures via redditFree Handing is one of those skills where it’s constantly amazing the sheer amount of practice and patience required to pull off. To think of how much extra to pull it off on as unfriendly a canvas as Celestine’s billowing cape is staggering. Kudos are well in order, and to the super smooth NMM on both the design and the armour as well.
- Danvers’ Converted Zombie Dragon
@danvers_rfw via TwitterWe’ve been loving following this zombification of the big ol’ Stormcast Dragon kit and the effectively subtle patches of exposed flesh and bone give it such a distinctly grim feel. The classic VC style chest guard and the ostentatious Vampire riding atop are the icing on this mouldy, probably brain-hungry cake.
- Marius’ Ash Wastes Escher Gang
@HerrPoom via TwitterThere’ll always be a place in our hearts and in CWL for Necromunda weirdos, and these nomadic Eschers feel perfectly timed with the announcement of the Ash Wastes expansion. We also really love the very Oldhammer Plasma Cannon and its flame design around the muzzle.
- Imperator Vex’s Genestealer Cults Biker
@imperator_vex via Instagram
Rad dirtbikes are one of the best things about Genestealer Cults and this looks great tearing across red soil.
This Week on Goonhammer
- I Will Play All Of My Games Under A Hood, To Hide My Shame From God – Greg’s starting to scare us.
- Hammer of Math: T’au Big Guns – Kevin looks at the numbers behind the biggest, longest, most aggressively anime guns in the new T’au codex.
- Ruleshammer: T’au Empire – New rules also means new rules questions. Vrekais is here to break down some of the most common interactions, in particular how the hell Drones work now.
- An Updated Scoring Sheet for 40k’s Nachmund Season – By popular demand, the latest iteration of our Matched Play score sheet, updated for the newest Season.
- The Q1 40k Balance Dataslate and FAQs: Analysis and Hot Takes – GW dropped the second Balance Dataslate along with a whole bunch of FAQs, our writers hash out the biggest take-aways and spiciest takes from the flurry of changes.
- Age of Sigmar, Febuary 3rd FAQs – AoS also got a sudden FAQ drop this week. Magos Sockbert breaks it down and explores its implications for the Nighthaunt in particular.
- The Christmas Kill Teams – We put out the call for your new Kill Teams for the new edition and boy did you nerds answer. Feast your eyes on this gallery of spectacular sneaky soldiers of Goonhammer staff and readers both!
- Malifaux Faction Focus: The Neverborn – Our Malifaux coverage continues with by far the gnarliest faction in an already gnarly game, the otherworldly Neverborn.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.