Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet At Large
Meg’s Amazing Banner
@MiniPainterMeg via Twitter
Meg’s done an amazing job on this banner, and the way she’s painted texture into it to give it a woven/cloth look is just wonderful. Great stuff.
Fletcher’s Insanely Cool Chaos Marine
@fletchers_painting via Instagram
I’m not normally a fan of third party attempts to replicate the CSM aesthetic, but Fletcher has done such an amazing job here that I don’t care. Just stunning work, top-to-bottom.
A Death Company Sergeant
@Cetrahead via Twitter
This Death Company sergeant looks fantastic, and the coloring work on the face is top-knotch.
A converted Tzeentch sorcerer
@snotling_Discot1 via Twitter
I’m not sure Nurgle would approve of this conversion but it looks fantastic. So much so that I initially swore this had to be a Louise Sugden model. Looks fantastic.
Stray Cats Save Osaka Restaurant
Spoon and Tomago Blog
This is a heartwarming story about a struggling restaurant, stray cats, and model trains. What more could you ask for?
Adrian’s Imperial Militia troops
@adrianboegner via Twitter
Adrian’s been doing a ton of interesting work with converted Genestealer Cults.
The Journey of Laeriel Deman’Go
@lilFernanda_Art via Twitter
This is some neat fanart of an Eldar Shadowseer throughout the many stages of her life’s journey.
A Death Company Dreadnought
u/forumdestroyer156 via Reddit
One minute this person is asking for advice on blood effects, next thing they post this. Great work!
Bastian Carthalos Ready to Rumble
@marwinlasurardi via Twitter
This is a phenomenal Bastian, made even better by the crisp, cold color scheme. Great stuff.
This Week on Goonhammer
- Hammer of Math: Crusher Stampede – Primaris Kevin looks at some of the math behind the new Tyranids Army of Renown.
- Crusade Rules Reviews – Two new codexes are out and we reviewed the Crusade rules in each.
- Competitive Innovations in 9th – We’re back on the tournament beat this week looking at the new lists that are dominating at events and how the Crusher Stampede is faring early on.
- Necromunday: A Tale of Four Scumlords – We start a new regular series following the adventures of four aspiring lords of the spire as they build new gangs.
- Goonhammer reviews the Battlestar Galactica Board game – Thanqol talks about the game of subterfuge and deceit based on the popular sci-fi series.
- Battle Bros – The Battle Bros were back this week, talking about their latest misadventures in wargaming.
- Goonhammer Historicals: Asymmetric Conflict – We look at what makes for good asymmetric conflicts and scenarios, and how you can avoid particularly gross scenarios when designing or playing asymmetric scenarios.
- White Dwarf Tome Celestial: Ossiarch Bonereapers – We look at the new Tome Celestial for this faction in the latest White Dwarf, and the rules provided for them.
- Down in the Mud and Blood: Veteran Guardsmen in Kill Team – We talk about how to assemble, build, and play Veteran Guardsmen kill teams.
- Commander Focus: Look, up in the sky! – FromtheShire builds a Commander deck that’s for the birds.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.