Happy New Year!
Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet At Large
Let’s all ride the WHIRLY SQUIG
@MarkSchrader404 via Instagram
This is a really fun idea and using music box internals to make it is really cool. It makes for some fantastic Necromunda terrain.
@6SDI2pwhd4ammaA via Twitter
This is a really fun conversion/paint scheme duo using the classic Pixar characters as inspiration.
This stunning Lord of the Rings Diorama
@Celebrembor_forge via Twitter
Alexandre has done a phenomenal job with this diorama of Gandalf and the hobbits traveling through the woods. In fact, their whole Insta is filled with sick dioramas. Worth a click.
@twin.tailed.comet via Instagram
This is a really cool visual effect that offers a much different take on Stormcast Eternals. I love the end result.
Louise Sugden paints a McFarlane Space Marine
@Sughammer via Twitter
We saw Gonders’ last week and this week it’s Louise’s turn to impress us with a large Space Marine boy. This time it’s Rainbow Warriors and the result is gorgeous.
Mh40k’s Year of Models
@mh40k via Twitter
Mk40k is showing off some of the great hobby work they did over the last year, including a ton of cool Necromunda models with some lovely paint jobs.
The Leman Rust
u/theblackthorne via Reddit
We get lots of Ork conversions and kitbashes but not enough Skaven ones. This uh, Skavenstealer conversion mixes Age of Sigmar and 40k bitz to great effect to craft something unique.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
@SHeroQueer via Twitter
This is a lovely Sisters of Battle banner bearer that we can absolutely get behind. Looks great.
@lanadaminiatures via Instagram
This is a very cool fantasy/AoS conversion that has a lot of Blanchitsu vibes to it. Cool stuff.
This Week on Goonhammer
- The December 2021 40k Meta Analysis – We crunched data from dozens of events and thousands of games to paint a complete picture of the 40k meta, just in time for the start of a new year and the release of some new books.
- The Age of Sigmar 2021 Year in Revew – We look back at the year that was for Age of Sigmar.
- The 40k Year in Review – We look back at the year that was for 40k, both competitively and casually.
- The Kill Team Year in Review – We look back on the first year with the new edition of Kill Team.
- Commander Focus: Slow Interaction – We look at a package of slower interaction in Commander for use in building your decks.
- The State of Historicals in 2021 – We talk about our Historicals coverage and where the games are headed in the next year.
- Historicals: How to Paint the English Civil War – We finish up our look at the English Civil War by talking about how to paint all your pikemen.
- Kings of War Year-in-Review – We look back on the year for Kings of War, talk about the releases, and our progress.
- Retrospectives – Our authors kept looking back at the year that was.
- Hammer of Math: Top Articles of 2021 – Kevin looks at the most popular HoM articles this year.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.