Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet At Large
This amazing Eldar Cover Diorama
@glamage via Twitter
This is a really cool project and a stunning recreation of the cover art of the 5th edition publication of Codex: Eldar.
Edward Maxwell hashes out the logistics behind the Astra Militarum
@EdwardM47285696 via Twitter
This insane thread combines a number of different skillsets to basically figure out what the logistical needs of the Imperium are as they relate to conducting warfare with the Astra Militarum. Good stuff.
Chris Walton’s Thunder Warriors
@CWalton73 via Twitter
These are some pretty cool conversions that make great use of Stormcast Eternal bits to achieve some pretty cool results.
u/grinning_grunt via Reddit
I agree. This rules.
Converted Fire Warriors
u/metromental1 via Reddit
These converted fire warriors combine Cawdor and Redemptionist bits with Tau parts to create a neat new effect.
Minipainterz’ Ork Dreadknight
@minipainterz via Instagram
This is a really great conversion of a Nemesis Dreadknight, covered in orky bitz and painted very well.
Turning the Balance Dataslate into an extreme metal song
Billion Dollar Clown Farm – YouTube
This is such a dumb, hilarious concept. I love it.
Who’s the Beatdown?
Taking the classic Magic article and translating its principles to 40k.
This incredible Lamenters Dreadnought
@ZealSight via Twitter
Just an absolutely stunning dreadnought, and once again because it is a Lamenters model I am compelled to include it in this column. Amazing stuff.
Turning a Stompa into an Ork Stronghold
@SteveWren via Twitter
This is a really great use for the plastic Stompa and a great way to further extend the new Octarius Ork terrain and make something unique if you’ve got multiple kits.
This Week on Goonhammer
- First Impressions of Total War: Warhammer 3 – Chase goes hands-on with a preview build of the upcoming RTS and talks about Grand Cathay and Chaos Undivided and how they play.
- SRM Reviews IMPERIUM, part 1 – SRM is starting a new column, reviewing a new issue of IMPERIUM magazine each week and charting his hobby progress through the subscription.
- Competitive Innovations in 9th – We look at the new lists that are dominating at events and how they match up against each other.
- Infinity Tactics: Camouflage – We talk about the specifics of using camouflage in games, both playing with and against it.
- Goonhammer Reviews Return to Dark Tower – Raf reviews the evocative board game.
- Fowler’s Road to the Underhive, Part 1 – We kicked off our series of underhive scumbag warlords this week with Fowler talking about his particular band of crustpunk dirtbags.
- How to Paint Everything: OSL – TheChirurgeon runs us through some of the theory behind Object Source Lighting and some ways to make painting lit models less daunting.
- Malifaux Faction Focus: The Arcanists
- Historicals: Lenoon’s Road to Austerlitz, Part 2
- Faction Focus: Slaves to Darkness – We talk about playing the Slaves to Darkness in Age of Sigmar 3.0.
- Road to Clash of Kings Australia 2022 – Our Kings of War authors talk about their prep for the upcoming major event and their plans for winning.
- Commander Focus: Ruhan of the Fomori
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any feedback or questions.