Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at Large
Blood Angels Scout
thetrappistfunk on Instagram
A truly brutal looking Blood Angels scout with some exceptional NMM on the knife.
Celestine with Incredible Wings
u/LarryMiniatures on Reddit
Love me some wings (it’s the brand), and the astonishing daybreak colour fade effect here is incredibly striking.
Magical Girl Gundams
@32_Archangel on Twitter
Awesome conversion work to seriously blend some anime genres.
Making The Last Battle YAMATO Diorama
Studio Blue Ocean on YouTube
A very detailed video showing the process of creating an exceptional historical diaorama.
Lychguard with Shield Effects
the_warsinger on Instagram
Also very much pitched at the Wings market, some great conversion work here to show a Lychguard fending off a hail of attacks on an icy world.
Manfred Von Carstein
oscarlars on Instagram
Exceptional conversion and painting work come together to fully showcase the dark majesty of a Von Carstein going to war.
@Helgesonart on Twitter
A full set of portraits of the Emperor and his 18 sons in a very distinctive and engaging style.
This Week on Goonhammer
Rockfish takes a look at the fancy new Dark Commune and Chaos Cultist models for Chaos Space Marines.
It’s a good week for the Necron dynasties as they continue to show up in top army lists, and we take a look at what’s making those tick in the new environment. Plus, Competitive Innovations focused in on some team events this week, providing a refresher on how those work ahead of the WTC.
Gaming & Collecting
- Ruleshammer 40k: Q&A – July 22nd 2022
- SRM’s Ongoing Imperium Review: Week 18
- Getting Started: Chaos Space Marines (9th Edition)
- TheChirurgeon’s Road Through 2022, Part 14: GHO and LSO Prep
Lots of insights from our regular columnists, plus a helpful guide to getting started with the new Chaos Space Marines.
Age of Sigmar
- Competitive Innovations in the Mortal Realms: Analysing Armies in Aqshy
- Start Competing: Bonesplitterz Tactics
It was a healthy week in the Age of Sigmar tournament scene as well, and Competitive Innovations takes a look at that, and we’ve also got a guide to playing Bonesplitterz competitively.
- The Horus Heresy Legion Focus: The Dark Angels
- The Horus Heresy Exemplary Battles: the Scouring of Gilden’s Star and Word Bearers Procurators
- The Horus Heresy: The Battle of Trisolian
For anyone planning to take up the mantle of the not-yet-unforgiven, Lupe takes a look at the Dark Angels, while for those who want to fight out some of the settings most legendary battles, Sockbert covers the new rules published by Warhammer Community.
Other Games Workshop Games
- Kill Team Summer – Let’s get ready to go Into The Dark
- Blood Bowl Tournament Report: ACCC 2022
- Hammer of Math: Necromunda Custom Vehicles
Blood Bowl Tournament reports, a new Kill Team painting challenge and a look at the spicy custom vehicle rules in Necromunda round out our Games Workshop coverage for the week.
- Malifaux Hot Take: Gaining Grounds 3
- Kings of War’s Empire of Dust: Playing with the Big Boys Now
- Kings of War: Road to ConVic22 Part Four – A painting extravaganza
- Goonhammer Historicals: Scale Roundtable
- Unstable Mutation: Draconic Dissent
- Ilor’s Road to GenCon Part 4: Poor Life Choices (Infinity)
A bumper week for other tabletop games, with a look at some new content for Kings of War and Malifaux, another Commander Deck reviewed for MTG, a Historicals discussion of model scale, and some updates about our contributors preparations for various events.
Mx Tiffany takes a look at this exciting dungeon crawler, where taking a pencil and some dice to beautiful artwork will determine whether you make it out of the dungeon alive!
Greg Manifesto Corner
Honestly, difficult to fault him on this one.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.