Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at Large
- Nikki Sullivan’s Killaboss
@nikkikolls via Twitter
Nikki’s done a fantastic job with this Killaboss, the first of many sick Dominion models we expect to showcase here in the next few weeks.
- What is Warhammer? A guide for Newcomers
Arbitor Ian via YouTube
If you’re new to or interested in Warhammer or have a friend who’s curious, Ian’s put together a great video explaining what the hobby is and ways to get in.
- Dejawer the Beholder
@falcon_mini_studios via Instagram
This is possibly the most impressive miniature mouth I’ve ever seen. The drool effects are just spectacular.
- A 40k Tiny House
u/ChrisSwires via r/Warhammer40k
This is a really cool conversion idea that makes for a great bit of terrain.
- Holly Smith’s Playmobil Warcry Arena
@MxHollyClara via Twitter
Holly’s made an absolutely stunning arena out of an old Playmobile Collosseum playset.
- A Necrontyranid
u/Tykull_bubu via Reddit
This is a wonderful, horrifying conversion with a neat concept behind it.
- An amazing Thousand Sons Land raider
@warzone_studio via Instagram
A tremendous amount of work has gone into this stunning conversion and there’s so much great detail to look at.
- An Exodite Fire Prism Conversion
u/Gravius via r/Eldar
Hell yeah, elf dinosaurs rule. This is a great conversion idea.
- Sprucing up an ‘Ardboy
u/Ryandoesministuff via r/ageofsigmar
This is a cute little extra touch on a model that adds a lot of character and also the face makes me laugh.
The Week on Goonhammer
This was a monster week if you’re an AoS fan. You have have noticed we’re covering AoS more – we’ve built out a team of AoS players just to up our coverage game.
- Age of Sigmar 3.0 Coverage
By Various Authors
Dominion releases today! Check out our new coverage of the game this week:
- Roundtable: Age of Sigmar and the Competitive Scene
- Age of Sigmar 3.0 – Listbuilding with GHB 2021
- How to Paint Everything: The Stormcast Eternals in Age of Sigmar Dominion
- How to Paint Everything: The Kruleboyz in Age of Sigmar Dominion
- Age of Sigmar FAQ Hot Take: Core Rules
- Age of Sigmar 3 Launch FAQs Hot Take: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Competitive Innovations in 9th: Age of the Machine
By James “One_Wing” Grover
In this week’s Competitive Innovations Wings talks about the rise of admech, with some help from JONK and TheChirurgeon.
- A Gentle Rain – Solo Gaming as Self-Care
Tiffany reviews an interesting minimalist solo board game.
- MEATWATCH: Becoming Grillpilled
By Greg Chiasson
This meatwatch, in advance of Independence Day, is all about grilling.
- Warlord Wednesdays: Knight Fighting
By the Warlord Wednesdays Crew
We answer a reader request and look at how you can compete against armies with a bunch of knights.
- Rank, Flank and Fire: A Song of Ice and Fire Miniatures Game
We talk about the ASOIAF minis game and how you can get started with it.
- Commander 102: Resource Disparity and Denial
By Phillip B York
We talk about Stax, Tax, and denial effects in Commander and how to make them work in your favor.
- Infinity Competitive Play: Initial Impressions of Military Orders
By Genghis Cohen
Cohen is giving the orders a try and talking about initial impressions and strategies for using the faction in competitive play.
- Necromunday: Highly_Entropic’s Gang Showcase
By Fowler and Highly Entropic
We look at an amazing Escher gang.
- Hammer of Math: Refunding Command Points
by “Primaris” Kevin Genson
This week Kevin looks at the probability around getting CP back from certain abilities and when it’s worth spending a CP to add one to your army.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.