Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at Large
- Ash McEwan’s Stylized Cursed City Minis
@ash_mcewan via Twitter
Ash has been doing a very stylized paint scheme on their Cursed City minis reminiscent of the box art and they look great. Worth digging through the feed for the others.
- Mantis Warrior Bladeguard Veteran
@krakendoomcool via Twitter
You don’t see Mantis Warriors very often and this is just cool as hell. I love the idea to use an Ossiarch shield. Just looks great.
- Unsolved Mysteries of the 40k Lore with Dan AbnettArstechnica
This is more a fun interview than a serious one but there are some very interesting answers in there, if you can get past the obnoxious voice filter on the questions.
- Gonders’ Warmaster
@Gonders via Twitter
I don’t know that I’ll ever get tired of seeing amazing Warmaster titans. This one in particular rules – love the black and red paint scheme.
- An insanely cool looted Ork Knight
@mozixya via Twitter
I feel like it’s been a while since we’ve seen some really cool looted ork stuff. This one is a great mash-up of a knight and a gorka/morkanaut.
- Nurgling Selfie
@gdbmakesweirdthings via Instagram
This is just adorable. I love the concept here and it’s a fun mini-diorama.
- This insanely cool Wrack Acolyte
@Blackdemonstudio via Instagram
The paint job on this is just amazing. Wonderful model and gore effects.
- The Warhammerfest Comment Generator
@justplay_ian via Twitter
If you’re as tired of the inane comments on the preview streams as we are, then this is helpful for taking the piss out of them.
- AD’s lovely Cursed City minis
@dunkelbrauu via Instagram
AD is doing some great work with their Cursed City minis.
- LE’s Insane Zombie Megagargant@1927822LE via Twitter
This massive undead rotting giant is just amazing. Wonderfully painted and converted.
The Week on Goonhammer
Another big week, chock full of great content for every game we cover.
- Keys to the Spire, Part 1: Talking Drukhari with Archon Skari
In the first of a three-part series on playing Drukhari, Archon Skari talks about the basics of the army and what to know if you’re new to it.
- Competitive Discussions
By various authors
We looked back at the most recent weekend of events and talked about Drukhari, their impact on the meta, and what should be done.
- Start Competing: Slaves to Darkness
By SRM, Ellarr, and RagnarokAngel
We cover Age of Sigmar’s massive Slaves to Darkness faction and how to compete with them.
- Battle Bros: Season Two, Chapter VI: Ecclesiarchy Space Lasers
By Head58 and PantsOptional
The Bros are back this week, playing more games and talking about their ongoing experience building new armies.
- The Fabricator General: Building a Nurgle-themed display board, Version 2
By Charlie Anderton
Charlie talks about the process of building a new Nurgle-themed display board for his chaos armies.
- Turn Order: Apocalypse World and its Impact on RPGs
Ilor talks about Apocalypse World, what makes it great, and its impact on tabletop RPGs.
- Marvel Crisis Protocol Affiliation Spotlight: Web Warriors
This week’s Crisis Protocol Affiliation spotlight looked at Spider-Man and his amazing friends.
- Infinity Fundamentals, Part V: Common Plays and Tactical Situations
By Genghis Cohen
In this final entry into our Infinity Fundamentals series, Genghis Cohen talks about making the right plays on the tabletop and applying tactics in-game.
- Book Review: The Deacon of Wounds by David Annandale
By Liam “Corrode” Royle
Liam reviews another entry in the Warhammer Horror series.
- Conquest Focus: Let me Extus you a question
by Phillip B York
This week Phillip builds a Conquest deck around Extus.
- Necromunday: Lost Zone Arbitrator Suggestions
By Dan Boyd and Fowler
Our final Lost Zone module update talks about wyrd powers and how to run campaigns in the Lost Zone.
- Hammer of Math: Killing Drukhari Raiders (Imperial Edition)
by “Primaris” Kevin Genson
This week Kevin looked at the math around killing Drukhari Raiders with imperial units.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any feedback or questions.