Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at large
- Len Tange’s Incredible Ironstrider
@lentasy via Instgram
Len’s Insta is full of amazing, models like this one but we’re big fans of the grungy yet colorful theme he’s gone with. It’s got wonderful otherworldly vibes.
- Chris’s Rogue Trader Drop Fleet Force
u/ChrisSwires via Reddit
This is a really neat idea with some very fun conversions. And ready just in time for the new Octarius rules.
- An Insane Stormhammer Conversion
u/BulletproofTeaTray via Reddit
This is an impressive conversion work, with more guns than anyone should ever model onto a tank. Can’t wait to see the finished model.
- This Sororitas Immolator
u/ImageOmega via Reddit
Yellow Sororitas is a punishing concept but ImageOmega really pulled it off – this model looks great.
- Some incredible Sororitas Cosplay
Simon Krümmel via Facebook
This is just some incredible Cosplay, and it’s even more effective because his mother is wearing it, giving the whole thing the perfect in-universe look.
- An amazing Imperial Shrine
Erik Mokhtarpour via Facebook
Erik did a fantastic job with this Shrine of the Aquila, doing some incredible marble work on the wings and some amazing stained glass windows.
- Squidmar builds the Manta
Squidmar Miniatures via YouTube
Having been challenged to take on the Manta after they did the metal Thunderhawk, Squidmar does just that, and finds the model arriving incredibly warped.
Come see various authors tackle the new model. Here are some of our favorites.
This Week on Goonhammer
- Competitive Innovations – Wings looks at the top lists from the last weekend and talks about how they change moving forward.
- Shadows in the Meta: Post-Octarius Tyranids – John Lennon stops by to talk about Tyranids in the post-Octarius world and how they’ll compete.
- Ruleshammer 11/12 – We answer questions about Tyranids, Necrons, and Astra Militarum.
- Critical Mass Narrative Play Rules Review – We talk about the narrative rules in Critical Mass and whether they make for fun campaigns.
- The 2021 Balance Dataslate Hot Take – GW released a new balance update, with commitments to quarterly updates following. We talked about what’s in it and what it means.
- The 2021 Balance Dataslate Roundtable – Our top comp players talk about the new update and its impacts on upcoming events.
Age of Sigmar
- Faction Focus: Beasts of Chaos – We talk about Beasts of Chaos and how they square up in AoS third edition.
- Taking Kruleboyz to 2,000 points – We talk about how to take the Kruleboyz you get in Dominion to a playable 2,000-point army.
- Kharadron Triumphs – We look at the rules for Triumphs for Kharadons and how they’re used.
Magic: the Gathering
- The Goonhammer crew reviewed the upcoming Innistrad: Crimson Vow expansion for Magic: the Gathering this week, looking at how the mechanics and cards in the new set will impact Commander and other formats.
- Novitates Sororitas Kill Team Tactics – We talked about how to play the new Sororitas kill teams.
- Model Reviews – We talk about the new Black Templars models – how they’re assembled and how they paint up.
- How to Paint Everything: The Kill Rig – Rockfish shows us how to paint the Kill Rig.
- Crude Photogrammetry – Rockfish details the process of importing your models into the 3D world without spending a ton of time and effort.
- Darkest Dungeon Early Access Review – Bernhardt talks about the new Darkest Dungeon, a game that hates you.
- Horus Heresy Hot Take: the Siege of Hydra Cordatus and Iron Warriors Dominator Cohort – we talk about the new rules and whether they’re any good.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any feedback or questions.