Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
Before we jump into the main body of this, we wanted to highlight Games Workshop’s (very good) statement making clear that hate groups are not welcome in Warhammer 40K. We are 100% behind them on this, and are very happy to see this important message spelled out so clearly.
On the Internet at large
Mind-bogglingly Awesome Wraithknight conversion
@BaharrothP via Twitter
I (Wings) am a well known Wraithknight appreciator, and this may be the most awesome one I’ve ever seen. Seriously, go look at this stuff, it’s wild.
u/AllThatJazz85 on Reddit
Themed auxiliaries are a great way to go the extra mile on a Guard list, and this converted Bullgryn is a fantastic example of that.
@marechal_davout on Instagram
A reminder that at any given time, historicals players are putting together battles and displays on an awe-inspiring scale.
This Week on Goonhammer
- BLUNDERDOME: The gang came up with a very silly idea to entertain themselves while the meta was in a dark place, and are going through with it even after the balance patch because a.) we think it’s funny and b.) we’re not a bunch of cowards. Check out eight of the most terrible lists we could come up with, and stay tuned to the site for the lowdown on the first round of games coming soon.
- Casual Friday: Into the Maelstrom: Norman, Joe and Rocco bring us a battle report using the Maelstrom of War rules, aiming to remind everyone that you don’t have to be chasing the meta to have an awesome game of 40K.
- Competitive Innovations: Wings takes a look at the first post-Balance Slate results, as well as digging into the first major-winning Black Templars build.
- Playing Tyranids with the new Rules: Innes Wilson gives us another viewpoint on how the new Tyranid rules are going to shake things up, vital reading for anyone looking at the top four bracket from Austin nervously and/or curiously.
- Hammer of Math: Octarius Orks: Kevin takes a look at some of the new toys Orks got from the second Octarius book (“Critical Mass” more like “Critical Math” amiright?).
- TheChirurgeon’s Road Through 2021, Part 14: The Empire Central RTT: Rob brings us an RTT report as he warms up for the Austin open.
- Battlezone Mechanicum Terrain Datacards Review: Some additional datacards for Tactical Deployment have released after a long break. Rob digs in.
Age of Sigmar
- The Tome Celestial: Cities of Sigmar: A look at the rules update that the Cities of Sigmar get in the newest White Dwarf.
- Age of Sigmar Ruleshammer: Extra-Long Pile-Ins: Ruleshammer takes another trip to the Mortal Realms, covering the exciting things you can get up to with combat movement.
- Draconith Rider Point Adjustment: The Goonhammer Hot Take: Balance updates all over the shop, as the very hotly anticipated new Stormcast dragons get a pre-release nerf. Our team shares their thoughts.
Magic: the Gathering
- Unstable Mutation takes a look at the two new Commander decks released alongside Innistrad: Crimson Vow.
- Necromunday: November 2021 Necroslam! The gang played a bunch of Necromunda and are very hyped to talk about it.
- Warlord Wednesdays: I Do Not Like the Small Knights: Greg does not like the new Knights, and is very hyped to talk about it.
- Marvel Crisis Protocol – November 2021 Character and Rules Update: It’s not just been a big few weeks for GW games – MCP gets a big update, and Head58 takes a look.
- Infinity: The State of the Game Roundtable: The Infinity Team give us a broad look at the current state of the game.
- 32 Years Later, is HeroQuest More Than Just a Nostalgia Play? Rob reviews the newly released Heroquest remake.
- Army Showcase: Rockfish’s Hive Fleet Leviathan: Rockfish shows off his amazing Hive Fleet Leviathan force, continuing his laudable streak of having beautifully painted models from the latest meta hotness ready to go at just the right moment.
- Gaming Spaces: Selnaric’s Garage: A look at another of our team’s gaming dens.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any feedback or questions.