Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at large
- David Bernadet’s Instagram
@dahoulish via Instgram
David’s done some incredible painting work with some very tiny models.
u/sciencep1e via Reddit
Truly the final evolution of man, pledged in service to the Emperor.
- A Dictator-Class Imperial Battlecruiser
u/AI7001 via Reddit
This is an impressive 3d modeling job, chock full of cool detail. You can find more shots on Artstation.
- A first Armies on Parade Board
@jonathon_dale via Twitter
Jonathon shares his youngest son’s first Armies on Display board, showcasing an impressive T’au army.
- Some insanely good OSL
This is a really cool two-model OSL combo, with some great lighting effects.
- A sick Orruks Army
u/slowpainterloz via Reddit
Slowpainterloz shares close-up photos of their amazing Orruks army.
- The Iconoclasts
Games Workshop sent out Warmaster Iconoclasts to a number of top painters in the community, and the results are stunning. Here are our favorites:
This Week on Goonhammer
- Competitive Innovations – Wings looks at the top lists from a teams event and we make an important announcement about Nazis at events. Spoiler: They can fuck off.
- Games Workshop’s 40k Survey – GW has a survey out. If you haven’t answered it yet, go do it.
- Ruleshammer 11/5 – We answer questions about Orks, Black Templars, and Thousand Sons.
- Hear Me Out, Gunum: Episode 2 – Gunum helps out a player looking to build around Deathstrike Missiles,
- Hammer of Math : Grey Knights Nemesis Force Weapons – Primaris Kevin talks about the math behind doing insane amounts of damage with Grey Knights.
- Sportsmanship and Competitive Play – Richard Siegler talks about sportsmanship and competitive play, and the need for avoiding “gotcha” gameplay.
- TheChirurgeon’s Road Through 2021, Part 13 – TheChirurgeon continues his training, practicing this week against Drukhari.
- Oh no, not again. Greg at a GT – Greg talks about taking on a local GT with his Dark Angels and the predictable results that followed.
Age of Sigmar
- Tome Celestial: Seraphon – We talk about the Seraphon rules update in White Dwarf 468 and what it means for the faction
- Ruleshammer: Garrisoning – We talk about how the garrisoning rules work in Age of Sigmar.
- Red Harvest Warscrolls – We look at the Warscrolls for the new Warcry units in AoS.
- Harrowdeep Warbands in AoS – We look at the Warscrolls for this Underworlds warband in AoS.
Magic: the Gathering
- Commander 103: Mana Value, Ramp, and the Meta – We talk about the fundamentals of deckbuilding in Commander and how to pick your spells and effects for ramp.
- Kill Team Chalnath Narrative Play Rules review – We talk about the narrative rules in the new boxed set and how they stack up.
- Astra Militarum Kill Team Tactics – We talk about playing with regular Imperial Guard kill teams.
- How to Paint Everything: Warmaster Horus – Contemptor Kevin talks about how to paint the Warmaster’s model.
- Game Design Discourse: Randomness – James Hewitt and Lupe talk about the role of randomness in games.
- Goonhammer’s Favorite Horror Games – The staff talk about our favorite horror games.
- Infinity Faction Focus: Haqqislam – We look at the Haqqislam faction, the units available to it, and strategies for playing them.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any feedback or questions.