Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at large
- A Father-Son Bastian Project
Our favorite story of the week is this wonderful project around painting the new Bastian Carthalos model from the Stormcast Eternals release and the importance of representation in the hobby.
- MechLab’s Squig Airship
@mecha_lab via Instagram
This is an amazing conversion-in-progress of a Kharadron ship using a balloon squig to stay aloft.
- Some amazingly lit Goliaths
u/NovelAmphibian via Reddit
These Goliaths have some great lighting work that really gives them a unique look.
- Pale Enchantress of the Night
@draconian_minipainting via Instagram
This is an impressive paint job with some great fades on a mini that’s small even by mini standards!
- Thracian Peltasts
The War for the End of the World Tumblr
These historical minis have some great detail and the historical attention to detail on the shields here – taken from the design on an urn – is really cool
- An Ork Brute Ram Ship
@goldminegames via Instagram
This massive Ork ship was built for a narrative game and from the look of it, the game was an absolute blast. Just an amazing project.
- Kane Tucker’s Warhound
@ghetti76 via Instagram
This Warhound, from the “Iron Spiders” Legio Venator, is coming along very nicely.
- Robert Strachan converts primaris versions of Kill Team Cassius members
@wackostracko via Twitter
These are some cool conversions of Vael Donatus and Gannan Branatar from Kill Team Cassius, brought into primaris form as an intercessor and aggressor.
- A Reaver Wading into Battle
@TheAngryJack via Twitter
This Reaver Titan has been spiced up with some cool water effects around the feet, giving it the impression of walking ashore.
This Week on Goonhammer
- Competitive Innovations: Silver Surge – Wings looks at the top lists of the last weekend’s tournaments and looks at Grey Knights’ continued rise.
- Hammer of Math: Kill Team Strike Force – Primaris Kevin talks some of the crazy math behind the new Deathwatch Army of Renown.
- Warzone Octarius Book 1: Rising Tide – Narrative Play Review – We look at the narrative/Crusade rules in the new book.
- Measuring up the Competition: A Review of the ITC Scoring System – James “Boon” Kelling talks about how ITC Scoring works and whether it needs a change.
- TheChirurgeon’s Road Through 2021, Part 11 – TheChirurgeon’s misadventures continue. Follow along as he builds a whole new table’s worth of terrain, then loses on it.
- Nothing Worth Saving: Greg at a 40k GT – Greg takes his Dark Angels to a GT and writes about it.
- Contemptor Kevin’s Road to the West, Part 3 – Contemptor Kevin continues his writing about playing at the GW US Open event in New Orleans.
- Age of Sigmar Core Battalions– We talk about how Core Battalions in AoS work, what units go in each, and address frequent questions about them.
- Questions: October 22nd, 2021 – Vre’kais answers questions about Careen, auras, and Black Templars.
Magic: the Gathering
- Not-Commander Secret Lair: Stranger Things – Our crew sit down and talk about the new Commanders in Secret Lair: Stranger Things.
- Commander Focus: Horde of Notions – Phillip York builds an Elementals deck around Horde of Notions as a Commander.
- Gaming Spaces: Dylan’s Gaming Space – In part 2 of a two-part series Dylan Gould talks about his gaming space.
- Terrain Review: Venetian Quarter by TTCombat – We review the impressive Venetian Quarter terrain kit for Carnevale from TTCombat.
- SRM’s Black Templars Army Showcase – SRM shows off the Black Templars army he started three years ago that’s about to get a major overhaul.
- Hitting the (Not so Dusty) Trails – Andrew “Kenji” Smith reviews Trails, a chill game that shrinks Parks down to something more minimalist.
Kings of War
- Deliberations on Deployment – The Kings of War crew are starting a new series on strategy and kicking it off today by talking about deployment.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.