Although it’s a big internet out there, the Tabletop digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at Large
TimbitsArePrettyGood’s White Scars Stormseer
u/TimbitsArePrettyGood via reddit
Back when it first released, there was a lot of bemoaning for the new Legion Praetor kits not having a lot of wiggle room for conversion. It’s time to prove them wrong once again with this gorgeously realised Stormseer, the default axe pose only barely modified for some blade-unsheafing action, topped off with a simple but striking paintjob.
David’s Venator Necromunda Gang
diddy_miniatures via Instagram
It feels like you never see Venator Gangs about, which is a shame because the feel like a hobbyist’s dream in terms of the sheer customisabity and conversion department. So we’re much delighted to see David’s Venators here, each member of the posse modified and given a brand new spin on the base model in such an inspired way.
bitzboxer’s Jaunty Chaos Weirdos
bitzboxer via Instagram
Just in time for the start of Spooky Season, we have these fantastic Carnival of Chaos dancers realised using the new AoS zombies and Nurgle kits. These weirdos capture the sinister fun of the old Carnival of Chaos concept perfectly and make us wish GW would revisit it proper sometime.
Malcom’s Death Guard
malcom_inferi via Instagram
We’d could honestly fill an entire CWL with Malcom’s super saturated, super converted Death Guard, each one dripping with so much personality, menace and pus. But if you put a rusty Plasma Gun to our head and made us pick, then this mutated Blightlord would take the first place. Superbly grotesque work.
This Week on Goonhammer
- Warhammer Quest Cursed City: Nightwars Expansion Review– After vanishing into the shadows of night for a good year, the newest Warhammer Quest is back with a new print run and a brand new expansion set. Was it worth the wait? Find out in our bespoke review.
- Blood Bowl: Amazon Team Model Review & Amazon Team Roundtable– Blood Bowl takes a wild new turn with the reimagining of the classic Amazon team set, complete with three brand new Star Players. Our resident sports fans take a look at these new players both in the plastic and in the rules.
- Necromunda: Goliath Champion & Durgan Kill-Fist Model Reviews– It’s a busy week for Specialist Games as Necromunda’s Goliaths received brand new generic Gang Champion and named character resin kits, and we were kindly gifted with these Large Roided Sons to review.
- Army Case: Magnetic Painting Handles– There’s been a renaissance the past few years with our options for holding our precious toy soldiers while staving off carpel-tunnel, with new twists on the ubiquitous painting handle coming thick and fast. We take a look at the newest twist from Army Case, magnetically charged and modular handles in a whole spectrum of colours.
- Malifaux Exclusive Preview: The Clampetts– We’re pretty popular down the Bayou apparently, so we’re glad to bring you a world first look at the anglin’ wranglin’ Fishergremlins, the Clampetts and their “pets”.
- 40k: Leagues of Votann FAQ Hot Take– Well it happened, after a solid fortnight of fear and terror GW tunnelled out of the darkest depths to bring us a prerelease fix to the Votann. Does it fix what would be 40k’s most problematic ruleset? Our competitive Grimnyr take a look.
- Competitive Innovations 40k: Suspiciously Pachyderm-Free Room– The last week before our (now nerfed) short kings hit the scene, we take a look at the 40k meta as it settles before the Votann and the looming spectre of the Balance Slate.
- Competitive Innovations in AoS: Incarnates… Incarnates Everywhere– The Mortal Realms are looking significantly bone-ier this week as Incarnates run riot and the weirdest lists take the field.
- Kill Team: Q3 2022 Balance Slate Hot Take– 40k’s Slate might be looming in a nebulous “soon”, but Kill Team’s dropped this week and brings some small but welcome shake ups to the meta.
- Blood Bowl Tactics: The Ultimate Guide to Frenzy– Our resident Orc Maddens deep dive into Frenzy, one of Blood Bowl’s most interesting and wild skills and how to make the most of it, no matter what side of the blood-crazed player you’re on.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any feedback or questions.