Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at large
- This tiny Motorcycle
@Akara_Modeler via Instgram
This is an incredible modeling and paint job, particularly when you realize how tiny the damn thing is.
- A finished Titan Maniple and Display Board
@dark_materials via Twitter
It’s always cool to see finished Titan Maniples and we love the blue-and-white striped paint scheme on these. Plus the display board is really cool.
- Julia Moshura paints historical minis with real bling
@Juliwerra via Instagram
The paint scheme on this model is already stellar but Julia goes one further on it and adds real gemstones for additional splendor.
- WarriorPainter’s Night Lords
@warriorpainter via Twitter
Night Lords are the best legion and Warrior Painter’s Heresy era Terminators are cool as hell. Props to the one in back throwing up double dukes.
- Ryan’s Ork Shaman
@jingerwarrior via Instagram
Ryan’s done a great job with this entry into the Orctober painting competition.
- A Massive Aeldari Collection
u/mbutt01 via Reddit
Following the trend of people posting massive armies, mbutt shows off a very impressive collection of Eldar forces.
- Gallic Hearthgard
@the_procrastinating_professor via Instagram
This is a lovely paintjob on some minis painted for the historical game Saga.
- A Chrome Synthwave Necron Royal Warden
@apollocolors via Twitter
I’m not normally a big fan of synthwave stuff, but the chrome effects take this one to the next level and really make it stand out. Plus, it works way better on Necrons. Great stuff.
- My Hellhound in Action
u/keithflc via Reddit
This is an amazing model with a great paint job and what may be the most convincing flame/smoke effects I’ve ever seen someone put on a vehicle. Just amazing work.
This Week on Goonhammer
- Competitive Innovations: Manny Magnificent Majors – Wings looks at the top lists of the last weekend’s tournaments in a weekend packed with majors.
- Hammer of Math: Kill Team Strike Force – Primaris Kevin talks some of the crazy math behind the new Deathwatch Army of Renown.
- Ruleshammer 10/29 – We answer questions about Technomancers, Terrain, and Cadian Warlord Traits.
- Battle Reports in Warhammer+: A Casual Player’s Review – SRM talks about the battle reports in the streaming service, and whether they’re any good.
- Hammer of Math : Synaptic Link – Primaris Kevin talks about the math behind some of the new Tyranid rules.
- TheChirurgeon’s Road Through 2021, Part 12 – TheChirurgeon’s misadventures continue. Follow along as he talks about traveling with minis and getting in more practice games.
- The Goonhammer Open UK: Winners and Thank Yous – We talk about the UK Goonhammer Open, the results, and the sponsors. This is also where you can find links to watch all the games from the top tables.
- Contemptor Kevin’s Road to the West, Part 4 – Contemptor Kevin finishes his write-up on playing in New Orleans
Age of Sigmar
- Tome Celestial: Slaves to Darkness – We talk about the S2D rules update in White Dwarf 468 and what it means for the faction
Magic: the Gathering
- Commander Focus: Kenrith, It’s a Lock – We talk about fun in cEDH and having a conversation about what you’re looking to play, then build a truly heinous deck around locking down the game.
- Gaming Spaces: Thanqol’s Hobby Space – Thanqol talks about his hobby and gaming space.
- Terrain Review: Build a Hive City with TTCombat – We review the MDF hive terrain from TTCombat and talk about working with and painting MDF.
- How to Paint Everything: Spooky Stuff – Our guide to painting ghosts, goblins, ghouls, and draculas.
- Hitting the (Not so Dusty) Trails – Andrew “Kenji” Smith reviews Trails, a chill game that shrinks Parks down to something more minimalist.
- Goonhammer’s Favorite Horror Games – The staff talk about our favorite horror games.
Kings of War
- Clash of Kings 2022 Preview: All Things Arcane! – The Kings of War crew talk about the new Clash of Kings book and how it changes magic in the game, plus their favorite spells.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.