Although it’s a big internet out there, the Tabletop digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at Large
Nathan’s Soviet Cosmonaut
@Nathan_Kurtz via Twitter
Nathan takes us to the one place not corrupted by Capitalism with this stunning spaceman rendered in some of the best NMM we’ve ever seen, with the barren wasteland of the scene so carefully reflected in the chrome of the armour in a spectacular display of attention to detail. We also love the glass bead used to create the classic dome helmet, a really clever little modelling decision.
Grant’s Word Bearers Banner
@PluckeePaints via Instagram
Look they may be The Worst but you gotta admit that the Word Bearers iconography goes really really hard, and this banner makes an excellent case for the aesthetic benefits of pledging your soul to the Dark Gods with the already excellent transfers from the Forge World transfer sheet significantly enhanced with some rad freehand.
Tanya’s Ordinary Barrels
@TWarmistress via Twitter
Some very good and Not Suspicious Barrels, the perfect scatter terrain for any board really. Just some Regular Barrels.
Kenny’s Clan Battlemech Star
@redpianominiatures via Instagram
You’re gonna see a lot more tiny big robots stomping around soon as more and more of the Goonhammer crew get infected with the Battletech bug, and work like this is exactly why. Clean, mean and ready to answer your batchall.
This Week on Goonhammer
- Echoes of Eternity Novel Review– Lenoon takes a look at the penultimate chapter of The Horus Heresy, penned by GOAT Aaron Dembski-Bowden.
- Titanicus: Battlebling Warbringer Review– The Warlord Wednesday gang take the helm of the first full kit from Battlebling, the truly titanic Warbringer.
- Rings of Power: Episodes 1 & 2 Review– Amazon’s long-awaited take on the Tolkien mythos has finally released and Marcy is here give the rundown on the opening episodes of this new series.
- MtG: Dominaria United Card Review Parts 1, 2, 3 & 4– The Phyrexians are out to prove time is a flat circle and our resident Planeswalkers give their two mana on the newest mainline set for Magic.
- Horus Heresy: Deimos Pattern Predator Model Review– Liam gets to grips with the new plastic Deimos Pattern Predator, a retro spin on the classic Space Marine tank.
- Competitive Innovations in 40k: Nova Reanimation– The Nova Open finally returned for 2022 and we’ve got the rundown of the results from their long delayed GT, as well as other events from this week.
- Competitive Innovations in AoS: Going Super Nova– Not to be left out of all the ruckus in Arlington, Ellarr takes a look at the results from the Mortal Realms.
- 40k: Start Competing Team Tournaments– Start Competing takes a look at the Team Tournament format and some of the best practices for players looking to enter.
- Ruleshammer 40k: Chaos Daemons– Vre’kais peers deep into the eye of the Warpstorm to bring us insights into the particulars and particulars of the newest Codex for the wretched spawn of Chaos.
- Armada: Rebel Large Ships– We head to the dockyards of Mon Cala as Summer examines the largest ships in the Rebel fleet.
Other Cool Stuff
- Battletech: An Introduction to the Game of Armoured Combat–
All Systems Nominal.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.