Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at large
- This amazing Gundam diorama
@joukoko4 via Twitter
This is an incredibly cool diorama with a lot going on and that’s before you get to the lights and sound. Just amazing stuff. The smoke and fire techniques here are amazing.
- Laura (Pegastyx) is at it again
@pegastyx via Twitter
We could put multiple posts from Laura up here every week. This week she’s tackling Nagash and it absolutely rules.
- Sulkan’s Dark Mechanicus Priest
@Sulkan42 via Twitter
I love seeing conversions off the new Soulblight models and this dark mechanicus conversion is one of the best I’ve seen yet.
- Exokan’s Imperial Aristocrat
@exokan via Instagram
Speaking of which, here’s another Imperial citizen from exokan, based on some classic John Blanche art.
- Russ Charles’ Sons of Behemat Army
@russ_charles via Twitter
Holy shit these are cool. I love the mad scientist/classic monster vibe going on here. I never realized how creepy a grinning giant could be.
- True-Scale Rhino terrain for Kill Team
u/KeepOffMyLawnFeds via Reddit
This is a cool idea – 3D printing larger/true-scale crashed vehicle terrain works very well for Kill Team, a game with no vehicles, since you won’t ever have to worry about other models throwing off the size.
- This cool Necron diorama
@WarhammerIKE via Twitter
This is a neat idea and I love the multi-layered aspect of it.
- Uther Pendragon
@KenKenFOM via Twitter
The armor on this model is just insane. Love the details and the blending.
This Week on Goonhammer
- Competitive Play
by Various Authors
The first Goonhammer Open was a rousing success, and most of our competitive content this week focused on the event and its aftermath.
- Getting Started: Running Your Own Tournaments
- Competitive Innovations in 9th: Goonhammerception
- A Dark Angel’s Thesis: Greg at the Goonhammer Open
- Hear Me Out, Gunum! – Episode 1 (September 10, 2021)
- The US Goonhammer Open Grand Tournament: Event Recap
- TheChirurgeon’s Road Through 2021, Part 6: The Goonhammer Open
- Game Design Discourse: Emotional Outcomes and Balance
by Edwin Moriarty and James Hewitt
In the first installment of our semi-monthly series about game design, James and Edwin are talking about creating emotional outcomes in games and the need for balance.
- Commander Focus: Markov, Blood on the Cheap
by Phillip York
This week we tone it down on the costs with a Mardu Commander deck built around Edgar Markov that can be built for under $150.
- Nurgley Bois: Death Guard Tactics in Kill Team
by PierretheMime and Robert “TheChirurgeon” Jones
Our Kill Team faction updates continue as this week we look at Death Guard kill teams – how they play, how to play them, and how to beat them.
- Gaming Spaces: From Stankhold to Dankhold
by Mike Bettle-Shaffer
Gaming Spaces continues as MIke talks about converting a hot tub shed in his backyard into a workable gaming space.
- Disney Villainous: It’s good to be bad – Turn Order
by Magos Sockbert
We review Disney Villainous, a game about plotting and scheming for domination as one of Disney’s iconic villains.
- Age of Sigmar Content
by Various Authors
The first battletomes of 3rd edition are on their way, and we had reviews for both, plus a faction focus on Soulblight Gravelords,
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.