Although it’s a big internet out there, the Tabletop digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet at Large
Terrorbeard’s Dancing Armigers
u/Terrorbeard via Reddit
Flashing Lights Warning
There’s many reasons we could see to go through the painstaking effort to mechanise your Knight miniatures with internal working mechanics, but this by far is the greatest. Throw on 3d printing a transparent Chaos’d up half for some disco lighting, and one of the most banging tracks in video game history and you’ve got a masterpiece. Look at ’em go!
Mamikon’s Black Templars Diorama
@MamikonPaints via Twitter
Multi Golden Daemon winner Mamikon returns to kick our collective asses once again with this spectacular diorama inspired by the 40k 3rd edition cover art. That classic piece can be felt all over these Marines, which combine some buttery smooth paintwork with just the right amount of grime and Imperial Weirdos to evoke the Blanche style.
jayrhyetaplin’s Rogue Trader Red Scorpion
jayrhyetaplin via Instagram
One of the things we were really hoping to see when the Mk6 Marine kit was released was people going back to those classic RT schemes and recreating them using the new plastics and modern paint techniques. This Badab-era Red Scorpion is exactly what we were hoping for, with that saturated red on black jags and early Marine rank markings with the bronzed arm and helm stripe. Wonderfully realised.
DisciplesOfAres’ T’au Enforcer Commander
u/DisciplesOfAres via Reddit
It feels like Sa’cea rarely shows up in terms of the T’au schemes you see around, even the box art pushing them away from the Space Wolf blue-grey towards a much more royal blue doesn’t seem to have improved their popularity. But damn does this Enforcer suit make such a strong case for the scheme with its rich blues and contrasting saturated orange sept markings leaping off the screen, finished slickly with a coastal base that adds in some wonderfully complimentary natural tones.
This Week on Goonhammer
- AoS: Battletome Disciples of Tzeentch Review– The machinations of the Changer of Ways turn once more to his followers in the Mortal Realms. Is this an Arcane reckoning in the works or was all that fingerwaggling for nothing?
- 40k: The Short Kings, Leagues of Votaan Model Reviews– Let the universe howl in despair, the Squats are back and have the meta firmly in their Magna Rail sights. But what about the models touting those divisive rules? Goonhammer’s resident hobby Broknir have their thoughts, feelings and tips for the models included in the limited army box.
- MtG: Universes Beyond Warhammer 40k Deck Reviews– Speaking of things people thought we’d never see, you got Warhams in my Wizard Squares! The long awaited crossover set has arrived with 4 bespoke Commander Decks and our spell slingers are taking a dive into what you can expect from the Tyranids, Chaos, Necrons and Imperium in this strange new 2D form.
- Turn Order: Terraforming Mars and Ares Expedition– FiveToedSloth takes a gander at Terraforming Mars, it’s expansions and its new card game adaptation Ares Expedition.
- 40k: Competitive Innovations, Segmentum Pacificus Rim– It’s the calm before the storm in the 40k tournament scene, perfect for deep diving some of the previous week’s most interesting match ups.
- AoS: Competitive Innovations, Death and Skinks– Firmly contrasting the Far Future, the Mortal Realms have been packed this week with the clamour of dice on tables.
- 40k: September 2021 FAQ Hot Take– Someone must have poked the Forge World rules team awake from their HH induced slumber because we’ve got another IA update, this time for Chaos Daemons.
- 40k: Ruleshammer, Leagues of Votann Edition– Yeah they’re scary and packing rules upon rules to send you crying all the way home, but Ruleshammer’s in your corner to know the ins and outs of some of the most out there rules 40k’s seen in an age.
Other Cool Stuff
- NOVA 2022 Recap with Contemptor Kevin (and Salsa): Forget every other NOVA recap, this is the only one that matters. Come for the thoughts on the closing of an era for this long running TT event, stay for pics of The Goodest Girl.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any feedback or questions.That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.This week on Content We Liked: Crisp Paintjobs, Saturated Schemes and Disco Knights.