This weekend is the Dallas Open, an 8-round 40k Major taking place in Texas. And as mentioned in my “Road To” post this week, we’ve got a few different Goonhammer authors at the event. If you’re interested in more details, you can find them on the Dallas Open website.
If you’re interested in following along, you can view pairings, lists, and results in Best Coast Pairings.
The Goonhammer Crew
We’ve got a few regular authors attending:
- James “Boon” Kelling will be there with his Craftworlds Eldar and Harlequins list. He’s also threatened to show up dressed as the Joker, so that’ll be a fun treat. Kelling is a top player and I like his odds of either winning the event or losing to John Lennon’s Tyranids in the final rounds.
- Robert “TheChirurgeon” Jones. I’ll be there too! I’m taking my Thousand Sons list that I’ve been frantically painting and working on all week. I’m hoping to go 4-4.
- Don “The Mastodon” Hooson will be there with his Death Guard, sporting a vehicle-heavy list running a trio of Decimators. Don’s still fighting the good fight for Nurgle out there.
Some of our Friends
In addition to the authors, some of our good friends will be there as well. If you see them on stream, be sure to cheer them on.
- The Astros Militarum Crew are my good friends and regular opponents in the Houston gaming scene. In particular, Greg “Klobasnek” Narro, Erik Nelson, and Garrett Moore all make semi-regular appearances in my battle reports and they’re a great group, so be sure to cheer them on.
- Thomas “Goatboy” Reidy is another swell gentleman, despite the fact that he’ll be bringing Grey Knights to the event.
- Russell Tassin is just a swell guy who you may remember from “being the guy who actually won with some Black Legion lists in 9th.” He’s also going to be at Dallas, bringing his own Thousand Sons.
- The Art of War crew will be there as well – John Lennon, Nick Nanavati, and Jack Harpster are all there. You could root for them, but they don’t need the help.
So that’s it. Follow along with us this weekend and look out for our battle reports and write-ups next week. And if you’re going to be at the event, consider swinging by and saying “Hi.”
Have any questions or feedback? Drop us a note in the comments below or email us at email@example.com.