In advance of the upcoming release of Codex: Space Marines and as promised, Games Workshop dropped a massive FAQ update on us yesterday (remember when we said fifteen books needed FAQs? Turns out it was more). There’s a lot to digest, so we’re poring over every word of the updates and noting what’s changed and our thoughts on what it means for the faction. In this article we’re looking at the Adeptus Mechanicus and changes in Engine War.
We definitely, totally did not forget about AdMech.
Anyways, nothing changed in Engine War. For Admech, the standard changes happened:
- Power swords are now Strength +1
- Power fists are 2 damage
- Meltaguns do D6+2 damage at half range
- Multi-meltas do D6+2 damage at half range and are now Heavy 2
- Plasma cannons, Plasma Culverins, and Plasma Calivers now only kill their bearer on unmodified rolls of 1 to hit while Supercharged
- Cognis flamers and Heavy flamers are now 12″ range
- Heavy bolters are now 2 damage
The big winners here are Kataphron Destroyers, who can opt to swap out their phosphor blasters for Cognis flamers, and that’s a little more interesting as an option now that they have 12″ range. Otherwise Skitarii Rangers will enjoy being able to supercharge their guns more often when shooting at hard-to-hit targets or through Dense terrain. Terrax pattern termite assault drills also make out OK as their heavy flamers can now fire out of deep strike if you choose to go that route.