We recently announced the formation of the Unified Tournament Circuit, a new regional circuit for Warhammer 40k and Age of Sigmar which covers the area between Virginia and Newfoundland. In case you missed our announcement, you can find it here.
Another big week for the UTC, this time with a 40k GT and some AoS RTTs.
- Berks Spring Assault GT (40k)
- Mythicos’ LepriCon 2023 (40k)
- Tables and towers April RTT (AoS)
- Battle Company 540’s AoS RTT (AoS)
Berks Spring Assault GT (40k)
28 players showed up to compete for the top prize at this GT event, and ultimately TJ Lanigan of team Stat Check took home the top prize with the event’s only 5-0 showing.
- TJ Lanigan (Stat Check) – Chaos Daemons – TJ’s Tzeentch list runs Be’lakor and an Impossible Robe Lord of Change and is backed by three units each of Flamers and Exalted Flamers. It’s got a nasty combination of psychic might, mobility, and shooting.
- Matthew DeFranza – Craftworlds Eldar – Matthew’s List runs a custom Craftworld with Children of the Open Skies (+1″ move/2″ for FLY and Advance rolls are minimum 3) and Vengeful (exploding 6s in melee), an unusual combo until you look at the sheer melee blender he’s created. The list includes Karandras, Wraithblades, and two units each of Howling Banshees and Striking Scorpions, plus a Falcon and a Wave Serpent to hold the Banshees. It’s a nightmare to go second against.
- Derek Apsche (Cuddle Buddies) – Chaos Space Marines – Derek’s list runs Black Legion with Abaddon, a Cloak of Conquest Dark Apostle, and big units of Bikers and Terminators to dominate the middle of the table.
- Jesse Melvin (The Jungle Foxes) – Astra Militarum – Jesse’s list runs heavy on Executioner Leman Russ tanks with support from Mortars and Rough Riders.
- Alex Miller (Second Founding) – Votann – This Greater Thurian League list runs two units of Beserks and two Hekaton Land Fortresses to support 2×3 units of Pioneers.
Mythicos Studios’ LepriCon 2023 RTT (40k)
This 23-player, 3-round event was won by Luke McCarthy of Team Stat Check after defeating Daniel Axe in the final round. Three players at the even finished with undefeated records:
- Luke McCarthy (Stat Check) – Space Wolves – Luke’s list runs successors with Born Heroes and Whirlwind of Rage, combining the melee prowess of Wulfen and Jump pack Wolf Guard and Skyclaws with the ranged prowess of Desloators and Grav Cannon Long Fangs.
- Taylor Arluk (Brooklyn Strategist) – Orks – Taylor’s Goffs list runs a pair of Kill Rigs and three units each of Squighog boyz and Stormboyz for a big speed boost, not to mention Zagstruk and bosses on a Squigosaur and a Warbike.
- Evan Tomchin (Carcosa Club) – Iron Hands – Evan runs a trio of Desloation squads supported by drop pod devastators, three units of land speeder tornadoes, and a nasty unit of vanvets. He’s running the trendy pick of Master Artisans + Whirlwind of Rage.
Tables and Towers April RTT (Age of Sigmar)
This 32-player, 3-round RTT was one of two AoS events this weekend keeping things moving for AoS in the circuit. William Hatch took home top honors for Team Big Chungus, while two other players finished with 3-0 records.
- William Hatch (Team Big Chungus) – Soulblight Gravelords – This list runs a Vampire Lord on zombie dragon with two units of Grave Guard.
- Matthew Obringer (Bottom Table Bullies) – Skaven – Matthew’s list runs Thanqol, a Verminlord, and a trio of Endless spells to support its core of Clanrats and Stormvermin.
- Frank Sylvester (Team Big Chungus) – Kharadron Overlords – This list runs a pair of Aether-Khemists with the codes Trust to your Guns, Settle the Grudes, and WIthout our Ships, We Are Naught.
Battle Company 540’s Age of Sigmar April RTT (Age of Sigmar)
Battle Company’s first Age of Sigmar tournament had six players with some truly lovely armies show up to compete for top honors, with Sector Cville’s Chris Feazel-Orr taking home the gold with a 3-0 record.
- Chris Feazel-Orr (Sector Cville) – Kharadron Overlords
- Nick Gekoskie (Battle Company 540) – Nighthaunts
- Charles Chandler – Maggotkin of Nurgle
That wraps up this week’s results but stay tuned for our preview for the weekend’s events later today. Until then, if you have any questions or feedback, drop us a note in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.