GW released a bombshell of new FAQs on Friday, covering errata for the core book and lengthy FAQs for each faction. And as always, we’ve got you covered with the rundown of what’s changed and what it means for your games. In this series of Hot Take articles, we’ll be covering the changes and our initial reactions to them but for more detailed analysis, check back over the next two weeks as we dive deeper into how these changes affect the game and its factions.
- Gone like the Wind: Helon command ability was just reworded to allow you to leave combat like it did in 2.0
- Spirit of the Wind Abilities: As the Helon command traits, all still work as they used to.
- Twin stones endless spell: It no longer give basically everyone a +1 to cast, now it builds up and then can be used once and then it disappears, ideally with +3-5 to cast, but it is only a one use, which is a bummer
- Sanctum of Amyntok: It kept most of its old rules, except now you are also immobile
- Severith if using his “wind” abilities, while in combat, they are retreats now so don’t trigger the mortals.
Basically nothing changed EXTREMELY negatively for LRL, the things above are only *slight* nerfs, but nothing to write home about. For an army that’s dominating the meta this isn’t a great sign.
Lumineth realm lords are Sitting as High and mighty as they were at the end of 2.0, potentially even better these days with the ability to give themselves aetherquartz and incredible command points, make your command points cost double, unleash hell, and rally can put Vanari units back into shining company…just stellar.
Just as stated before, unfortunately as a proud owner of Teclis, him being so expensive now, + the rest of the army going up, I don’t think you’re going to see him as often. Real shame.
If you have any questions or comments please post them below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.