Commander, or EDH, is the most popular format for Magic: the Gathering, and it’s one of our favorite ways to play. Each week, we build decks, talk strategy, and discuss the format, and when we do our set reviews we take a thorough view of how the new cards impact Commander. Whether you’re new to Magic or have been around since the game’s inception, in this section we have content for you.
Magic: The Gathering (and Commander Focus)
- Getting Started: Magic the Gathering
- Getting Started: Modern
- Getting Started: Competitive Magic
- Getting Started: Arena
- Magic 201: How to improve at Magic in the long run
- Improving at Magic: How to Prepare for an Event
- Getting Started: Commander
- Building a Commander Deck
- Commander 101: Winning a Negative-Sum Game
- Commander 102: Resource Disparity and Denial
- Commander 103: Mana Value, Ramp, and the Meta
Conquest is a format similar to Commander that uses 80-card decks and has a much stricter banned list.