Although it’s a big internet out there, the Warhammer digital universe is pretty small and spread out. In Content We Liked, we take a look at the articles, videos, podcasts, and products that caught our eyes or were noteworthy during the prior week you might have missed.
On the Internet At Large
The Fire Warrior miniature
@Trixaeminiatures via Twitter
This is an awesome job recreating the iconic cover art for a game that was, at best, deeply mediocre. Great model, though!
@rogue_michael via Twitter
This is a cool narrative take on Krondys’ bonds to the mortal realms and how they manifest on a model visually.
Comparing armoring processes: Knights vs. Space Marines
Zac Evans via YouTube
Zac’s a historical reenactment enthusiast and this cool video walks through the process of amouring a marine and how it compares to medieval knights.
An incredibly happy Emperor’s Children Marine
jh.miniaturas via Instagram
The smiling head in the new Chaos Marines Kill Team is just the best model GW have done in a while and it’s cool to see incredibly tight, well painted conversions like this using it.
Vladimir, Governor of the industrial anvilworld of G-Prime
@pax_acrylica via Instagram
I love imperial weirdo conversions and this one is just great. Real strong Baron Harkonnen vibes mixed with 40k aesthetics.
u/dndim via reddit
Speaking of Dune, here’s a sweet conversion combining the aesthetics of a Van Saar gang with the Sadaukar. Good stuff.
This Week on Goonhammer:
Rather than do a prank we’re once again doing a week of retro reviews and content. Here’s what you might have missed on Friday and Saturday:
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines 3.5 review
- Model Review: Mark IIc Rhino
- Game Review: Warcraft III
- Commander Focus: Chainer
- Warhammer 40k: Harlequins continue to run roughshod over everything
- Age of Sigmar: We look at some events besides Adepticon and see how the new balance slate is changing things up
Other Great Content
- GodTear Review – Raf talks about a great skirmish game with tight rules.
- Kill Team: Void-Dancer Troupes – We talk about the new Harlequin kill team in this month’s White Dwarf.
- Historicals: Getting Started with Bolt Action – We talk about what you need to know to get into the most popular WWII Historical game.
- Malifaux Faction Focus: Explorer’s Society – We wrap up our faction focus series looking at the Society and their rules.
That’s all for this week, stay tuned to Goonhammer for more great articles in the next seven days, and give us a shout in the comments below or email us at email@example.com if you have any feedback or questions.