Welcome to the newest edition of Warhammer 40,000! Whether you’re brand new to the game or a veteran of hundreds of miniature battles, we’ve got you covered with everything you need to know about playing the newest edition.
There’s a lot going on with the transition to 9th, and we’ve got everything you need to hit the ground running. These guides cover the basics of starting an army, getting into the game’s rules, and understanding the basics of 40k.
- 9th Edition First Impressions Roundtable
- 9th Edition Rules Review
- Indomitus Datasheets Review
- Getting Started in 9th Edition 40k
Are you an experienced player coming in from 8th edition? These deep dives really dig into the core concepts of 9th edition and how changes in the game’s rules affect how the game plays and how you need to think strategically.
- How have the Core Concepts of 40k Changed in 9th edition?
- The Shooting & Psychic Phases
- Charge and Fight
- Morale and Core Stratagems
- Building Armies
- Missions and Reserves
- Competitive Play in 9th edition
- 9th Edition Matched Play Points Review
- 9th Edition FAQs Review
- 9th Edition Forge World FAQs Review
- The Grand Tournament 2020 Mission Pack
- GT Incursion Missions
Matched Play Missions
Hammers Of Math
- The Command Re-Roll
- Morale and Attrition
- Weapon Changes in 9th Edition
- 9th Edition Primary and Secondary Objectives
9th edition introduces a new way to play Narratively: Crusade. In Crusade, players build a Crusade force that they change and improve over time, adding new units to their forces and shaping their growth. From player resources to campaign guides, we’ve got you covered.
Interested in how specific factions have changed and how they play in 9th edition? We are too, and we’re writing guides to each faction as new rules and FAQs are released.
The original Faction Focus articles
- Space Marines
- Adepta Sororitas/Sisters of Battle
- Adeptus Custodes
- Adeptus Mechanicus
- Astra Militarum
- Blood Angels
- Chaos Space Marines
- Chaos Daemons
- Chaos Knights
- Craftworld Eldar
- Dark Angels
- Death Guard
- Genestealer Cults
- Grey Knights
- Imperial Knights
- Space Wolves
- T’au Empire
- Thousand Sons
- Unaligned Fortifications